A data center or a data processing center (DPC) performs the functions of processing, storing, and distributing information, and performs tasks by providing information services. The most significant indicators in assessing the work of a data center are reliability and safety, however, consideration of data center indicators and assessing the efficiency of the functioning of systems of this class is impossible without their classification.
Data Rooms as a Part of Data Centers
The information infrastructure consists of the following components:
- Data warehouses can be either a set of files stored in some distributed file system or full-fledged databases. Data warehouses are subject to the requirements of integrity, security, access control, which ensures the reliability of using the storage service. The most common metric for a due diligence data rooms is the amount of memory available to the user. Storage interface bandwidth and maximum response latency can be used as additional criteria for evaluating a data warehouse.
- Compute nodes are represented by various servers that can run a number of virtual machines. As a rule, the resource of an individual computational node is described by its performance. Telecommunication network infrastructure is a collection of physical channels and switching equipment.
- Network resources are described by the bandwidth of the links and switches. To delimit access and provide the required bandwidth of the elements of virtual requests, the mechanism of virtual channels is used.
The Evolution of Data Rooms Connected with Data Centers
Requirements for storage capacity, number of applications, availability, and throughput of Data Centers, shaped by the ongoing evolution from a client-server model to a service-oriented architecture, are increasing on a daily basis. The virtualization and convergence of LANs, SANs, and high-performance computing (HPC) networks add complexity, creating the need for maximum network flexibility to deliver unified services freely.
Centralized data processing today:
- Separating LANs, SANs, and HPCs is becoming less efficient and is becoming a thing of the past as new Ethernet standards predict the convergence of computing infrastructure.
- Data Center Ethernet (DCE) combines these standards to create a unified network on a common cabling platform.
- As an added benefit, it eliminates duplication of network technologies and helps reduce energy consumption and operating costs.
The analysis of the existing data centers and the factors affecting them allows us to approach the methods for assessing the efficiency of the data center functioning and will make it possible to draw a conclusion about the relevance and practical feasibility of developing methods for analyzing efficiency in conditions of non-stationarity of the functioning process, taking into account the fuzziness, incompleteness, and inconsistency of initial data on the state of the data center, the modes of its functioning, as well as the depth, range, and possible consequences o
Evaluation of the functioning efficiency will allow solving the problem of developing requirements and tolerances for the parameters of the created and improved data centers; the task of determining the rational mode of operation of the data center; the task of operational control over the reaction of the data center to the controls introduced directly during operation, which are faced by both the customer and the developer of the data center external and internal influences on the data center. Authorized business partners in major countries around the world provide local and regional information support, as well as interaction with Nexans technical, service, engineering, and logistics specialists.